Want to make Kerala parathas at home? Here’s the simple recipe to make crunchy and delicious parathas at home. These parathas are made using maida, which provides carbohydrates, proteins and dietary fibre and hence is healthy.
Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup maida, 2 tbsp. oil, ¼ tsp. baking soda, 1 cup hot water, 2 tsp sugar, ¾ tsp salt.
1. In a mixing bowl, take the flours and add all the other ingredients.
2. Since you are using hot water to mix the flours, use a spoon initially to blend all ingredients and later use your hands to knead the dough till it is soft and elastic. Set aside for an hour.
3. Pinch out balls from the dough and roll them into a cylindrical shape. Holding one end of this, spiral it down till the end. Smear oil on the surface of this and set aside for about 15 minutes.
4. Now flatten them out using a rolling pin.
5. Heat oil on a griddle and toast the paratha by drizzling oil on both surfaces. Cook till both sides have turned golden and crisp.
Your Kerala Parotha is ready to be served with vegetable stew. Easy to prepare, this is a dish that you will love to have for lunch or dinner. So try out this recipe today!