Kesar barfi is a popular sweet dish. Make this sweet dish at home using saffron, which is a rich source of potassium, carbohydrates, protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
½ cup rava, ¾ cup pre-soaked almonds, a pinch of salt, 2 tbsp. oil, ½ cup sugar, ¼ cup water, a pinch of cardamom powder, 1 tsp saffron strands.
1. Grind the almonds into a coarse mixture and set aside.
2. Heat water in a pan and add the sugar, saffron and cardamom powder to it. Keep heating it till all the sugar has dissolved and you get a one string consistency.
3. In another vessel, dry roast the rava. Add the ground almonds and oil and sauté till the rava has browned.
4. Pour in the sugar solution and mix into a smooth batter.
5. Pour out the batter onto a greased pan. Let it cool. Cut into diamond shape and serve.
Now you do not have to go to a sweet shop to buy kesar barfis. Try out this recipe today and surprise with this sweet dessert!