Do you love dhoklas? Here’s a simple recipe that will help you make healthier and tastier dhoklas at home. This recipe uses urad dal which is a rich source of potassium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, protein, iron, calcium, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 cup idli rice, ¼ cup urad dal, ½ cup thick curd, ½ inch ginger, 1 green chilli chopped, 2-3 tbsp water, ½ tsp oil, ½ tsp baking soda, 1 tsp oil for greasing pan, salt, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, roasted sesame seeds.
1. Rinse the rice and dal and soak in water for 3-4 hours.
2. Drain the water and shift the rice and dal along with chopped ginger and chillies into a grinder jar and blend into a smooth batter.
3. Grease your steamer and keep it ready.
4. Add baking soda to the batter and mix quickly.
5. Sprinkle black pepper powder, red chilli powder, roasted sesame seeds and salt into the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the greased dhokla moulds of your steamer and cook.
7. Remove the dhoklas and serve warm with coriander chutney.
So now you can easily prepare them at home and instead of running to eatery or restaurant. So go on and try this recipe out today!