Khatta Meetha Kaddu
Pumpkin is a highly nutritious vegetable as it is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6, magnesium, protein, dietary fibre, carbohydrates and potassium. You can ensure that you get all these nutrients by using pumpkin to cook Khatta Meetha Kaddu, which is delicious and healthy.
Ingredients: 2 cups pumpkin, 1 tsp cumin, ¼ tsp roasted cumin powder, ¼ tsp black pepper powder, ½ tsp aamchur powder, 1 tsp oil, 2 tsp sugar, salt, chopped coriander leaves.
1. Heat a pan and add the cumin seeds. Wait for them to splutter.
2. Add the sugar, salt and pumpkin into the pan. Cover with a lid and let it cook on medium flame for 5-10 minutes.
3. The pumpkin will release moisture and get cooked. However, you can add a few tablespoons of water if you think it hasn’t cooked well enough.
4. Cook till all the moisture has evaporated. Add the spice powders and mix well.
5. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
This is a perfect dish to be served with roti, chapatti or naan.