It is a perfect south Indian snack which would be loved. The process of cooking is simple which makes it a wonderful dish among mothers. Rice is a prime ingredient which offers Vitamin B-6, carbohydrates and magnesium. Channa dal is the other ingredient which adds calcium, protein and dietary fiber.
Ingredients: 1 cup aged rice, 2 cups water, 2 tbsp channa dal, salt, ¼ cup grated coconut, ½ tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp oil.
1. You need to first wash the rice and drain it well.
2. Place this rice in a mixer to prepare rava.
3. Sieve to remove the flour.
4. Now, boil water to add cumin, oil and salt.
5. Pour the rava in the boiling water and stir it in order to prevent lumps.
6. Allow the content to cook till the water evaporates.
7. Wait for 5-10 min and then add coconut. Cover for another 5 min.
8. Transfer the content to a large utensil and allow it to cool.
9. Now make balls and steam them in an idli maker. Cook for almost 7 minutes on high flame.
Try this recipe today.