Kokum is known to be a super coolant and extremely beneficial for the digestive system. It is rich in citric acid, acetic acid, malic acid, ascorbic acid, hydro citric acid, garcinol, Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, potassium, manganese and magnesium. Here’s a simple recipe using Kokum that is delicious and nutritious.
Ingredients: 1 cup kokum fruits chopped, 2 cups water, 2 cups sugar, 5-6 cardamoms, 1 tsp roasted cumin powder, 1-2 pinches of black salt.
1. Deseed and chop the kokum fruits. Grind the skin and the pulp in a grinder with a little water.
2. Prepare sugar syrup by dissolving the sugar in boiling water.
3. Mix the sugar syrup with the kokum mixture. Add the roasted cumin powder and powdered cardamom.
4. Strain and pour in a bottle.
5. To make kokum juice, add 2 tbsp. of the sherbet to water and serve.
So what are you waiting for? Try out this recipe today!