Kongu Chicken Curry
Kongu Chicken Curry is an exquisite recipe that will be craved by everyone. The smooth aroma and taste of this recipe is quite popular. Chicken is the prime element of this recipe which adds Vitamin A, protein and Vitamin B-6. Moreover, tomatoes are also used which adds Vitamin C and potassium. This dish can be offered as a main-course delicacy during lunch or dinner.
Ingredients: Chicken ¾ kg, onion, 2 tomatoes, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves, coriander leaves, cloves, fennel, cinnamon, salt and oil.
Dry Roasting: Raw rice 1 tsp, dry red chilies, small onion, cumin seeds, poppy seeds, coconut flakes 1 tbsp., black pepper corns 1 tsp.
1. You need to first clean and cut the chicken into pieces.
2. Marinate the chicken using turmeric and salt.
3. Dry roast the chicken and allow it to cool. Once it is cooled, grind the ingredients along with waste.
4. Next move is to finely chop the onions and tomatoes.
5. Heat oil in a kadhai. Add cloves, cinnamon as well as curry leaves. Wait until it splutters.
6. To this add onion and fry until it turns golden. Add ginger garlic paste and stir it well.
7. Add tomatoes and stir till it gets mushy.
8. Add the grounded paste, 2 cups of water and salt. Stir properly.
9. Cover and cook the chicken so that it grows tender.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Try the recipe today!