Koorka Stir Fry
Koorka or Chinese potatoes are a rich source of nutrients. They are rich in sodium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, iron and calcium and hence can be very beneficial your health. Here’s a simple and quick recipe using koorkas to cook up a delightful dish.
Ingredients: 1 ¼ cup of boiled and chopped koorka, ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, ¾ cup of chopped shallots, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 2-3 dry red chillies, 8-10 curry leaves, a pinch of hing, 2-3 tbsp grated coconut, 2 tbsp coconut oil.
1. Heat oil in a pan and crackle the mustard seeds.
2. Next, add ginger, onions, red chillies and curry leaves and a pinch of hing and stir well.
3. When the onions turn translucent, add the koorka and salt and mix well.
4. Check the taste. Saute for a couple of minutes and then garnish with grated coconut.
5. Remove from flame and serve it with any South Indian main dish.
This dish goes well with appams, rice, etc. and can easily be prepared at home.