Pakoras are a great way to beat the winter chill. Lauki pakoras are easy to make and are filled with nutrition as they are made from bottle gourd or lauki, which is rich in Vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium and dietary fibre.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cups of grated lauki, 1 small onion finely chopped, 1 cup besan, 1 tsp of ginger chilli paste, ½ tsp each of turmeric, chilli, garam masala powders, a pinch of hing, salt and oil.
1. Squeeze out the juice from the lauki and transfer into a bowl.
2. Mix all the ingredients except oil in the bowl and blend well.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai for deep frying. Roll out small pakoras from the lauki-besan mixture and drop them into the oil when the oil is hot.
4. Deep fry till they are golden and crisp and scoop out.
5. Serve with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
Perfect for snack, isn’t it? So surprise everyone by making these crispy pakoras today with this recipe!