Lemon Akki Shavige
All kids love noodles. So here we bring you a real special rice noodle dish with a unique Indian twist! Peanuts and dal add valuable vitamins and minerals to this dish, making it a winner.
Ingredients:250 grams Rice Noodles, 1 Lemon, 1/2 cup Grated Coconut, 2 tablespoons Oil, 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds / jeera, 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds, 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder, Coriander leaves - few sprigs finely chopped, Curry leaves – few, 2 teaspoons Urad dal, 1 teaspoon Chana dal, Peanuts- a handful, Salt
1. Cook noodles in salted water. Drain water and place noodles in cold water.
2. Heat oil. Temper mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, nuts, and cumin seeds. Roast for a few minutes.
3. Add curry leaves and turmeric. Saute for a minute. Add salt, coconut and coriander leaves. Mix.
4. Add this tempering over rice noodles. Add lemon juice and mix well. Adjust taste with salt and lemon juice.
5. Serve Lemon Akki Shavige with coconut chutney.
Make this for your little one and watch him scrape his plate clean!