Lemon Pudina Rice
Lemons are extremely nutritious as they are a rich source of fibre, potassium, magnesium, iron, copper, calcium, B Vitamins, flavonoids, citric acid and Vitamin C. Pudina or mint has high content of dietary fibre, manganese, potassium, calcium, magnesium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and folate. Lemon pudina rice brings together all these essential nutrients in a delicious manner.
Ingredients: 1 cup rice, oil, 1 cup mint leaves, 1 sprig curry leaves, ½ tsp mustard, 1 tbsp. chana dal, 1 tbsp. urad dal, 2 tbsp. peanuts, a pinch of turmeric powder, lemon juice, 1 dry red chilli, 1 green chilli deseeded, olive oil, ½ tsp grated ginger.
1. Cook the rice and set aside.
2. Coarsely grind the mint leaves and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add peanuts, chana dal and urad dal and roast till it turns golden. Then add mustard and red chilli. When the mustard splutters, add the curry leaves and ginger.
4. Add the mint paste and a little turmeric. Saute and pour it over the rice.
5. Mix well and squeeze a little lemon on it.
Prepare this delicious dish today and serve it with raita or vegetable curry!