Looking for an interesting rice recipe that is easy to prepare? Lemon rice is probably the easiest rice recipe that you can find anywhere. It is healthy and nutritious as it provides you with the nutritional benefits of rice through essential nutrients such as carbohydrates, protein, magnesium, Vitamin B6, calcium and iron.
Ingredients: 3-4 cups of cooked rice, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp urad dal, 2 dry red chillies, 12-15 curry leaves, a pinch of hing, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp. of chopped cashews, ¼ cup peanuts, 3 tbsp. sesame oil, salt.
1. Heat 2 tbsp. sesame oil in a pan, roast the peanuts and set them aside. In the same pan, roast the cashews till they are golden, remove from the pan and set them aside.
2. Add another tablespoon of oil in the pan and splutter the mustard seeds. Next, add the urad dal and sauté till it turns golden.
3. Add the curry leaves, hing, red chillies, salt and turmeric powder. Saute for a few minutes.
4. Pour this tempering onto the cooked rice and mix well.
5. Pour the lemon juice and add the roasted peanuts and cashews and mix well. Set aside for about 5 minutes and serve.
Lemon rice can be had for breakfast, lunch or dinner as it is filling and highly nutritious. So go ahead and try out this recipe today!