Lemon juice is a popular drink during the summers due to its refreshing and rejuvenating qualities. Lemons are a great source of Vitamin C, dietary fiber, Vitamin B6, magnesium, iron, calcium and potassium. All these nutrients are great for the skin and the body and hence it is important that you incorporate lemon into your diet.
Ingredients: 1 cup lemon juice, 1 cup water, 2 heaped cups of sugar, ½ tsp saffron, 1 tsp cardamom powder.
1. Heat water in a pan and bring it to a boil. Mix the sugar in the water till it has completely dissolved and it is sticky to touch.
2. Filter the sugar solution using a muslin cloth and remove all impurities. Set aside.
3. Powder the cardamom seeds and saffron strands using a mortar and pestle.
4. Add the lemon juice, powdered cardamom and saffron into the sugar syrup and mix well.
5. Pour the squash into a bottle and refrigerate.
6. Add water to ¼ of the squash solution before serving.
Tasty lemon squash is ready. Simple and quick, this is a recipe that you must try at home.