Lentil Chilli is a main course dish. The marvelous use of different vegetables and lentils make this recipe quite savoring. The presence of vegetable broth offers Vitamin A, carbohydrates and sodium. Moreover, bell pepper offers Vitamin C and potassium.
Ingredients: 8 cups vegetable broth, 1 medium yellow onion, 1 large red bell pepper, 5 clove garlic, 4 tsp. salt-free chili powder, 1 package brown lentils, 1 can diced tomatoes, ¼ cup chopped cilantro.
1. You need to heat oil in a pot over medium heat.
2. To this, add onion, bell pepper. Cook it with constant stirring.
3. Now, add 3 tbsp of broth and continue to cook.
4. The next move is to add garlic as well as chilli powder. Cook for one minute.
5. Add lentils and tomatoes along with the remaining broth.
6. Boil the content over medium heat. Cover the content and let it cook for 30 min.
7. Later stir in cilantro.
Serve it hot. Try the recipe today!