Light and Fluffy Eggless Atta Cake
Eggs are a rich source of proteins and other essential nutrients. This recipe uses whole wheat which is rich in fiber, proteins and essential minerals such as magnesium, copper, zinc and iron. This might also be the perfect dessert for your vegetarian friends.
Ingredients: 1 cup of whole wheat flour, ½ tsp baking powder, ½ cup condensed milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, ½ cup of butter, 4 tablespoons of sugar, water.
1. Pre-heat your oven at 180oC for about 20 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, take flour and add baking soda, vanilla essence and condensed milk to it. Do not mix. Set aside.
3. In another pan, heat the butter, add a little water and mix the sugar. Bring this to a boil and then pour into the flour mixture.
4. Gently whisk to ensure that the batter is smooth.
5. Grease your baking tray with a little butter and pour in the mixture.
6. Bake at 180oC for about 45 minutes. Once the crown in golden, check with a toothpick to see if the inside has cooked as well.
Once done, cut into small pieces and serve.