Lobhi bhaji is a delicious dish and can be served with rotis or rice. Lobhia or black eyed beans are rich sources of potassium, dietary fibre, protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 cup chawli soaked in water overnight, ¼ tsp salt, 2 tablespoon oil, 1/3 cup of chopped onion, 7-8 medium cloves, a pinch of hing, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1-2 green chillies, ¼ cup of freshly grated coconut, 2 tbsp of chopped coriander, salt.
1. Pressure cook the lobia beans and ensure they are cooked and not mushy.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic, hing, turmeric powder and green chillies. Stir well.
3. Add onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
4. Add the boiled lobhia with 1 cup of water and cook for a few minutes.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Once the water evaporates, add grated coconut, cover with lid and simmer for a couple of minutes.
7. Remove from flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Try this out today!