Lobia, also known as black eyed beans or black eyed peas, are high sources of Vitamin A, B Vitamins, dietary fibre, potassium and protein. They are easy to cook and highly versatile when it comes to culinary demands. If you are looking for a delicious lobia recipe, lobia pulao would be the best option as it nutritious and filling.
Ingredients: ½ cup lobia, ¼ tsp salt, 2 tbsp oil, ½ tsp jeera seeds, ½ inch cinnamon, 3-4 cloves, 2-3 green cardamoms, 1 bay leaf, ¾ cup thinly sliced onions, ½ tsp ginger garlic paste, ¾ cup chopped tomatoes, 1 green chilly chopped, 1 cup basmati rice, 2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves, salt and water.
1. Cook the beans in a pressure cooker with a pinch of salt.
2. Rinse the rice and soak it in water for about half an hour.
3. Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions in it. When the onions become translucent, add the ginger garlic paste and cook.
4. After the ginger garlic paste has lost its raw aroma, add the tomatoes and sauté well.
5. Add the masala powders and chilly and cook for a couple of minutes on low flame.
6. Add the boiled beans into this mixture and stir well.
7. Add rice and required amount of water and pressure cook for 7-8 minutes.
8. Open the pressure cooker on cooling, fluff the rice and garnish with coriander leaves.
Simple, yet interesting, isn’t it? So go ahead and try this recipe at the earliest!