Lovely Lasagna For Your Little Darling!
The Italian cuisine speciality, lasagna is healthy and yummy and your little darling will totally relish it. This veg lasagna is rich in calcium, proteins and carbohydrates.
Ingredients: 12 oz. lasagne sheets, 1/4 cup vegetable stock, 1 large leek, chopped, 1 large onion, chopped, 5 spring onions, chopped, 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill, 1 1/2 lb. spinach , steamed and chopped, 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup crumbled cheese, 4 eggs, beaten, 3 tbsp butter, 3 tbsp whole wheat flour, 2 1/2 cups low fat milk, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1) Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Spread out flat and cover so they do not dry out.
2) Place stock in skillet, add leeks, onions. Cook over .Low heat until soft, but do not brown. Add parsley and stir until the parsley is wilted. Drain spinach and press out excess moisture. Now stir into onion mixture. And set over heat for a minute or two to drain any remaining moisture.
3) Turn into bowl and add cheese and eggs.Melt butter in skillet, stir in flour and continue stirring over low. Heat for 2-3 minutes, gradually add milk, stirring until sauce thickens. Stir in parmesan cheese, remove from heat.
4) Place 1/2 cup of white sauce in bottom of a pan. Add a layer of noodles (1/4 of noodles) and spread 1/3 of spinach mixture over noodles. Repeat layering twice, top with remaining noodles, top with remaining white sauce.
5) Bake for 25 minutes at 350 f. Allow to stand 15 minutes before cutting into serving size pieces.
Tasty veg lasagna is ready to enjoy. This is one of those recipes that can be enjoyed by all age groups. Moreover, layering of noodles makes it more interesting.