Makhane ki Kheer
Prepare delicious makhane ki kheer using this recipe. Makhane or lotus seeds are rich in potassium, carbohydrates, protein, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 cup makhana, 2 cups milk, 3-4 green cardamoms powdered, 10-12 cashews chopped, 1 tbsp golden raisins, 4 tbsp sugar, a pinch of saffron, 2-3 tsp ghee.
1. Heat ghee in a pan and roast the makhanas and cashews. The makhanas will become crunchy and the cashews will turn golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Set aside a few makhanas and put rest of them in a mixer jar along with powdered cardamom, and saffron. Grind into a smooth powder.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottomed vessel. Bring it to a boil and then add sugar.
4. Add the makhanas and the powdered mixture into the boil. Let the milk simmer. It will reduce in volume and become thick.
5. Scrape off all the milk solids and mix them back into the milk. Cook on low flame for about 10 minutes.
6. Add the roasted cashewnuts and raisins into the kheer. Stir and simmer for a minute.
You can serve makhane ki kheer hot or chilled. This delicious dessert item can easily and quickly be prepared in your kitchen. So try out this recipe today and treat to a delicious dessert.