Maladu is a South Indian dessert dish which is made using chana dal. Chana dal is a rich source of potassium, carbohydrate, dietary fibre, protein, iron, calcium, Vitamin B6, magnesium and Vitamin C. Here’s a simple recipe that will help you make this delicious dessert at home.
Ingredients: 1 cup roasted gram, ½ cup sugar, 3 green cardamoms, a pinch of nutmeg, 10-12 cashewnuts chopped, 1 tbsp golden raisins, ¼ cup ghee
1. Grind the chana dal into fine powder in a mixer. Set aside.
2. Put the sugar and cardamom into the jar and grind them into a fine powder.
3. Add the ground sugar and cardamom into the gram flour.
4. Add a pinch of nutmeg and mix well.
5. Heat a little ghee in a pan and roast the cashewnuts till they are golden. Roast the raisins as well till they are plump.
6. Add the roasted cashews and raisins into the flour mixture.
7. Heat a little more ghee in the pan and add the flour mixture.
8. Saute on low flame for 2-3 minutes and remove from the stove.
9. Knead the mixture and pinch out small ladoos.
Maladu or gram flour ladoos are ready! Try out this recipe today and surprise with a delicious homemade dessert.