Malai ladoos are a treat to the tastebuds and come loaded with the goodness of milk. A glass of milk is considered equivalent to a meal because of the essential nutrients that it contains. Milk is rich in potassium, proteins, calcium, Vitamin B12 and magnesium. Use this simple recipe to make these delicious and healthy ladoos!
Ingredients: 1 litre milk, 2 ½ tsp of lemon juice, 3 tbsp powdered sugar, ½ tsp cardamom powder, 1 tsp rose water, a pinch of saffron strands, 4-5 almonds chopped for garnishing
1. Boil the milk in a thick bottom pan. Add the lemon juice till the milk curdles completely.
2. Discard 3/4ths of the whey and keep simmering a little bit of the whey along with the milk solids.
3. Add rose water and saffron to it and stir occasionally.
4. Add sugar and stir to ensure that it has dissolved completely.
5. Simmer till all of the whey has evaporated.
6. Remove from the flame and let it cool. Meanwhile, grease your hands with a little ghee or oil.
7. Pinch out small ladoos from the cooled down milk solids. Garnish with chopped almonds and place in muffin liners before serving.
Unbelievably easy, isn’t it?