Malpua Rabdi is a popular North Indian dish. You can easily prepare it at home using this simple and easy to follow recipe. Malpuas are made using maida or all-purpose flour which is rich in carbohydrates, protein and dietary fibre. This recipe allows you to quickly make this dessert item in your kitchen in no time.
Ingredients: 1 cup maida, 1 tsp fennel seeds slightly crushed, 3-4 cardamoms crushed, 1/8 tsp of baking soda, ½ cup of water, 3 tablespoons of khoya, 3 tablespoons of curd, 3 tablespoons of ghee, 5 cups of milk, 2 pinches of saffron strands, 1 tsp rose water, 2 tablespoons almonds chopped, 2 tablespoons pistachios chopped.
1. In a bowl, mix the maida, fennel seeds, cardamom seeds, yogurt and khoya. Add half a cup of water and mix all ingredients well to form a smooth batter. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Soak the dry fruits in hot water for half an hour. Peel and chop them and set them aside.
3. Prepare the sugar syrup by dissolving ½ cup of sugar into ¼ cup of boiling water. Make sure you keep the syrup warm to prevent crystallisation of the sugar.
4. Add 3 pinches of baking soda into the batter you had prepared earlier.
5. Heat ghee in a pan and pour the batter into circular shapes. Fry both sides of the malpua and remove from flame. Wipe off the excess oil using paper towels.
6. Drop the malpuas into the sugar syrup and let them rest for a couple of minutes.
7. Remove from the syrup and set aside
8. In a pan, heat 2 cups of milk on low flame and keep stirring till it thickens.
9. Switch off the flame and add sugar, saffron strands, chopped dry fruits and rose water to the thickened milk.
10. Pour the rabri over the malpuas and serve.
Isn’t this a really simple way to make malpuas and rabri? Surprise with this delicious sweet today!