Are you fond of mangoes? Then this is a recipe you must try out! Made with ripe juicy mangoes, this dish is packed with Vitamin B6, Vitamin A and Vitamin C, and is a good source of dietary fibre.
Ingredients:Ripe Mango (Mambazham) – 2- 3, Turmeric powder - A pinch, Salt – To taste, Coconut (grated) - 1 cup, Cumin seeds - 1 tsp, Coconut Oil - 2 tbsp, Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp, Curry Leaves - 1 stem, Curd - 1 cup, Fenugreek powder - 1/2 tsp
1. Cut the mango into pieces and boil in water along with turmeric and salt.
2. Grind coconut with cumin seeds to a fine paste and add this to the boiling mango. Bring this to a boil and take off the flame.
3. Blend the yogurt to make it smooth and add this to the mixture.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add this seasoning to the above mango curry and mix well.
5. Sprinkle fenugreek powder and mix well again. Serve with rice.
Wondering what to do with all those ripe mangoes in your store? No more worries- make this today!