Mamidikaya Pulihora or Green Mango Rice is an exotic South Indian recipe which is quite savory. You would crave this dish after tasting it for the first time. You can offer this dish during lunch or dinner. Raw green mango is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Calcium. Apart from this, rice offers Vitamin B-6, carbohydrates and potassium.
Ingredients: 3 cups cooked white rice, 1 ½ cup grated raw green mango, 5-6 tbsp. roasted cashewnuts, salt, chana dal, gram dal, grated ginger, turmeric powder, curry leaves.
1. You need to first heat oil in a bottomed vessel. Add mustard seeds and allow them to pop.
2. To this add chana dal and gram dal. Let them turn red.
3. Now, add grated ginger, turmeric powder and curry leaves. Toss the content for few seconds.
4. The next step is to add grated mango and stir fry it for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add roasted cashewnuts and turn off the heat.
6. Now, spread the cooked white rice in a plate. Add salt.
7. To this add the mango tempering and mix it with your hands.
Don’t waste time. Try this recipe now!