Mangoes are delicious and highly nutritious as they are rich in potassium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. Here’s a simple recipe that allows you to incorporate all these essential nutrients into a delicious halwa.
Ingredients: 1 cup sooji, 1 medium mango chopped and pureed, ½ cup sugar, 2 tbsp. ghee, 1 cup milk, 1 ½ cups of water, dry fruits such as cashews, raisins and charoli, a pinch of saffron, 3-4 green cardamoms, a few pomegranate arils for garnishing.
1. Heat the water separately and set aside.
2. Powder the cardamoms in a mortar and set aside.
3. Heat ghee in a kadhai and fry the sooji till it gives out a nutty aroma. Add the chopped dry fruits and stir.
4. Add the hot water into the sooji and stir continuously to prevent the sooji from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
5. Next, pour in the milk and add sugar. Stir and let the sooji cook in the milk.
6. Add the mango pulp and cook for a couple of minutes.
7. Add the cardamom powder and saffron and let the moisture reduce in the kadhai.
8. Cover the kadhai with a lid and cook for a couple of minutes on low flame.
9. Garnish the mango halwa with pomegranate arils and serve.
Yummy mango halwa is ready! Simple and easy recipe to prepare, mango halwa is as nutritious as it is delicious. So try it out today!