Mango Panna Cotta
Mangoes are extremely versatile when it comes to cooking. You can use them in salads, puree them or make milkshakes. Here is a great dessert recipe. Mangoes are delicious and also healthy as they are rich in potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, calcium, iron, protein, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cups of mango puree, 1 ½ cups of cream, 1 cup of milk, 4 tsp chopped agar agar strands, ½ cup sugar, ½ tsp vanilla essence.
1. Soak the chopped agar agar strands in water for about 10 minutes.
2. In a saucepan, heat the cream, milk and sugar. Stir continuously to ensure that the sugar has dissolved. When the entire solution starts bubbling switch off the flame and add the soaked agar agar along with the water in which it was soaked. Stir well using a wired whisk.
3. Let the contents of the pan cool down a bit and then add the mango puree.
4. Pour out the liquid into serving bowls. Cover each bowl with an aluminium foil and let the temperature come down a bit more. Then refrigerate the bowls for about 4-5 hours.
5. Garnish with freshly chopped mango slices or mint leaves and serve.
Mango panna cotta is refreshingly delightful and is extremely easy to prepare. Treat this delicious dessert item by trying out this recipe today!