Mango, the king of fruits, is rich in potassium, sodium, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, magnesium, Vitamin B6, iron and calcium. Here’s an interesting recipe that allows you to use mangoes to create delicious mango phirni.
Ingredients: ¼ cup basmati rice, 1 cup mango puree, 3 cups full fat milk, 5 green cardamoms, 1tsp sliced pistachios, 5-6 rose petals.
1. Dry grind rinsed and cleaned basmati rice in a mixer to get a smooth powder with a consistency like rawa. Set aside.
2. Heat the milk in a thick bottom pan and stir occasionally. As the milk begins to boil, add the rice powder and stir well.
3. Keep stirring and cooking the milk till the rice is cooked thoroughly,
4. Add ½ tsp sliced pistachios, a pinch of cardamom powder and rose petals to this.
5. Mix well and take the phirni off the flame. Add mango puree, mix well and serve with sliced almonds on top as garnishing.
Simple and easy, this recipe is perfect for dessert. So go ahead and try it out today!