Mathure ke Dubki
Mathure ke Dubki Aloo is a famous and popular North Indian dish. You can easily cook this dish at home using this recipe. Not only is it delicious, but also healthy and nutritious as it is made using potatoes which are rich in potassium, dietary fibre, protein, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 650 gms of potatoes, 2-3 green chillies chopped, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp dry ginger powder, 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp of hing, 1 tsp amchur powder, 1 tsp garam masala powder, ¼ cup of chopped coriander, water, salt and oil.
1. Boil the potatoes and mash them well. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and splutter the cumin seeds. Add the green chillies and sauté for a few seconds.
3. Switch off the flame and add all the spice powders except amchur powder and sauté well.
4. Put the pan back on the flame and add the mashed potatoes and 3 cups of water. Mix well and let the gravy simmer for about 10-12 minutes on low flame.
5. Sprinkle the amchur powder and stir well.
6. The mashed potatoes will help you thicken the gravy. Check the taste and add the chopped coriander leaves. Keep the pan covered and let the gravy simmer for a few minutes.
7. Remove from flame and serve with rotis, chapattis or pooris.
Mathure ki dubki wale aloo is a delicious dish and you are sure to love it. So why not put the potatoes in your kitchen to good use today itself? Go ahead and try out this recipe!