Mawa or a Khoya is a dairy product which is commonly used for preparing sweets. Like other dairy products, mawa is rich in essential nutrients such as sodium, potassium, proteins, iron, manganese, phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6. Here’s an interesting and easy to prepare recipe with mawa. Modaks are believed to be a favourite of Lord Ganesha.
Ingredients: 250 gm of mawa, (grated), half a cup of sugar, a pinch of cardamom powder, 1 teaspoon ghee or oil.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the grated mawa. When the mawa melts, add half a cup of sugar and keep stirring.
2. Once the mixture starts bubbling, add cardamom powder. Keep stirring.
3. When done, the mixture will leave the edges of the vessel. Remove from flame into a mould.
4. While the mixture cools, grease your mawa moulds with ghee and set aside.
5. Knead the mixture and prepare small balls out of it.
6. Press the balls into the moulds and your mawa modak is ready.
Easy isn’ t it? So this festive season, try out this recipe!