Meal In A Bowl - Spinach, Moong, And Masoor Dal Khichdi
Khichdi is one of the most nutritious and wholesome meals. Here is a different way of making khichdi that will add more variety to lunch. Pulses are rich in carbohydrates, folic acids, magnesium and flavones that help in digestion, preventing cardio-vascular diseases and increasing energy level.
Ingredients: 1 tbsp moong dal, 1 tbsp masoor dal, 3 tbsp rice, 1 tbsp ghee, 1/4 tsp jeera seeds, 1/4 tsp grated garlic, 5 tbsp chopped spinach, salt, pepper, 2 cups of water.
1. Wash and soak moong dal, masoor dal, and rice for 15-20 minutes.
2. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add jeera seeds. Let it splutter.
3. Now, add garlic.
4. Sauté for few seconds and add spinach.
5. Add the drained rice and plses to the pressure cooker along with a dash of salt and pepper
6. Add 2 cups of water and cook for 4 whistles.
7. Open the lid and mash the Khichdi.
Serve the Khichdi with a dollop of ghee and a bowl of curds.