Melt-in-your-Mouth Sweet Potato Gulab Jamun
Sweet potatoes aren’t just a treat to the taste buds, but they are also loaded with Vitamins C and D and essential nutrients such as magnesium and potassium, which ensure a healthy body and mind. Sweet potato gulab jamuns are easy to make and are extremely healthy.
Ingredients: Sweet potatoes (300 grams), one tablespoon of maida, oil to deep fry, one cup of sugar, water, pistachios for garnishing, a pinch of cardamom powder.
1. Boil the potatoes, peel and mash them on cooling.
2. Add maida and mix well. Make a dough and shape out small balls. Place a pistachio in the centre for garnishing.
3. Prepare a sugar syrup using sugar and water. Make sure the syrup is sticky.
4. Fry the balls in oil and scoop out when golden in colour.
5. Drop them into the sugar syrup and take out when they have enlarged.
Your sweet potato gulab jamuns are ready!