Pakoras with a cup of piping hot tea are the best combination to beat off the cold. Treat your family to methi pakodas during snack time as they are not just a delight to the palate but are also highly nutritious. Methi leaves are a rich source of dietary fiber, potassium, sodium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, magnesium and iron.
Ingredients: ¼ cup of tightly packed methi leaves, ¾ cup of besan, ¼ cup of water, 1 small onion chopped, 1 green chilli, 2-3 pinches of chilli powder, 2-3 pinches of turmeric, a pinch of baking soda, a pinch of hing, ½ inch of finely chopped ginger, salt and oil.
1. Mix the methi leaves, besan, onions, green chillies, spice powders, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2. Add besan to the mixture and add ¼ cup of water.
3. Mix thoroughly to get a smooth paste without lumps.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai for deep frying. When the oil is medium hot, drop in little balls of the mixture into the oil.
5. Fry till the surfaces are golden and crisp.
6. Drain off excess oil and serve with tomato ketchup or a tangy chutney.
Simple and easy, right? So go on and start prepping for your methi pakodas now!