Methi or fenugreek is commonly used in dals and curries. Methi is a rich source of dietary fibre, protein, Vitamin B6, copper, manganese, magnesium and iron. Here’s an interesting recipe that allows you to cook a healthy and nutritious meal using methi leaves.
Ingredients: 1 cup rice, 1 cup fresh methi leaves, 1 tsp. ginger garlic paste, salt, oil, handful of green peas, 1 onion chopped, 1 green chilli chopped, 1 ¾ cup of water, ½ tsp. shahi jeera, ½ bay leaf, 3-4 cloves, small cinnamon stick, 2-3 green cardamoms, 1 strand of mace, 1 star anise, few pepper corns.
1. Soak the rice for 10 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and roast the whole spices.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté. Add water and salt and bring it to a boil.
4. Add the rice and green peas. Chop the methi leaves and close the lid of the cooker.
5. Cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
Methi pulao is ready to be served with raita. Try out this recipe today!