Theplas are a Gujarati dish and are extremely delicious. This thepla recipe uses methi or fenugreek leaves, which are a rich source of potassium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, protein, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium, which makes it healthy as well.
Ingredients: 1 cup methi leaves, 1 cup whole wheat flour, ¼ cup besan, ¼ cup bajra flour, ¼ jowar flour, 1 ½ tsp ginger green chilli paste, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ¾ tsp salt, 1 tbsp. oil, 5 tbsp. dahi, oil.
1. Clean and chop the methi leaves and keep aside.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, besan, bajra flour, jowar flour, ginger chilli paste, spice powders, salt, curd and oil. Mix well.
3. Add the chopped leaves to the mixture and knead into a soft dough.
4. Pinch out balls from the dough and roll out the theplas.
5. Heat oil on a griddle and cook the theplas till you can see brown spots on both surfaces.
Theplas are delicious and serve as great snacks. So why not try this recipe today?