Microwave Gooey Chocolate Explosion Mug Cake
Chocolate, not only being nice to taste buds but is a great source of sodium, potassium, carbohydrates and essential fats. The eggs have a great deal of protein in them. With no preservatives, this power snack/dessert, it is sure to please chocolate lovers at home!
Ingredients: 4-5 tbsp maida, 3 tsp milk, chocolate syrup, 1 and a 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder, vanilla essence, 2-3 tbsp powdered sugar, sea salt, 1 egg.
1. Put maida into a wide-mouthed bowl. Add powdered sugar, a pinch of sea salt, cocoa powder and keep it aside.
2. In another bowl, crack open the egg and whisk it till it is all mixed. Add milk, a few drops of vanilla essence and cinnamon powder if needed.
3. Slowly, incorporate parts of the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix them well. You should be left with a rich chocolatey brown mixture.
4. Now, put the mixture into a nice big microwavable coffee mug.
5. Take a plastic zip lock pouch and add some chocolate syrup into it. Make a cone shape out of it and cut the end of the pouch.
6. Put the mug in a microwave and set the timer to a minute. After that, leave it to rest for a minute.
7. Stick the piping zip lock pouch into the mug, halfway and squeeze it so the chocolate syrup creates a gooey centre.
8. Put the mug back into the microwave and set the timer to 3 minutes. Keep checking on it. It will not take more than 5 minutes in all. And there you have it!
Serve this delicious treat as a snack or for dessert!
Note: The proportion of ingredients will change according to the size of the microwave mug.