Milk kesari is made using rava or semolina, which is a rich source of potassium, magnesium, Vitamin B6, iron and calcium. The recipe is quite easy and it will hardly take you any time to cook this yummy sweet dish.
Ingredients: 1 cup rava, 3 cups of milk, 8 tablespoons of ghee, 1 cup sugar, ½ tsp of cardamom powder, 1-2 drops of orange colour, 18-20 cashews, 2 tablespoons of raisins.
1. Heat the milk in pan and add the sugar. Keep stirring. Add the orange colour and cardamom powder to the milk and let it come to a boil.
2. In another pan, heat the ghee and add the cashewnuts. Saute well.
3. Add the rava into the pan and sauté till the rava becomes aromatic. Saute till the cashews turn golden. Make sure you don’t brown the rava. Add the raisins.
4. Once the milk has come to a boil, pour into the pan with the rava. Stir well and cover the lid to allow the rava to cook.
5. Cook on low flame for about 4-5 minutes.
Serve milk kesari hot. Want to try out this recipe for dessert tonight? Go on and try it out!