Milk peda is a yummy dessert item which can easily be prepared at home. It is prepared using condensed milk which is rich in potassium, carbohydrates, protein, calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, magnesium and iron.
Ingredients: 200 gms sweet condensed milk, ½ tsp ghee, ¾ cup milk powder, a pinch of saffron, a pinch of nutmeg powder, 3-4 green cardamoms.
1. In a microwave safe bowl, mix the condensed milk, milk powder and ghee.
2. Mix all ingredients well to ensure that there are no lumps.
3. Crush the cardamoms in a mortar and pestle and discard their husks.
4. Add the crushed cardamoms, nutmeg powder and saffron into the mixture and microwave on high temperature for a minute. Stir.
5. Microwave the mixture for another 30 seconds to thicken the mixture further.
6. Microwave till you have got rid of all the moisture in the mixture.
7. Take out the bowl and let the mixture cool for some time. When it is warm, grease your hands with oil and shape them into small balls.
Your milk pedas are ready. You can serve these healthy, delicious and nutritious pedas for dessert after lunch or dinner. So why not try this really easy recipe today and treat a yummy delight as dessert?