Mixed Sprout Khichdi
Here is a recipe for yummy khichdi made with a mix of sprouts and mild spices.
Ingredients: 1 tsp ghee, ¼ tsp cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, ½ tsp garlic paste, 1 tsp chopped onion, 3 tbsp rice, 3 tbsp mixed sprouts, 1 cup water and salt.
1. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds. Let it crackle.
2. Add a pinch of asafoetida and garlic paste.
3. Cook for a few seconds and add onion.
4. Sauté and add rice and mixed sprouts.
5. Stir for 30 seconds and add water and salt. Close lid and cook till 3 whistles.
6. Open lid and mash lightly.
This khichdi is great with plain curd. Try it today.