Moong Dal Dhokla
If you find moong dal boring, here’s a recipe that will ensure that you get the nutrition that your body needs and also fall in love with this lentil. Moong dal dhokla is very tasty, easy to make and is rich in potassium, dietary fibre, protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, iron, calcium, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 cup whole moong beans, 1 tbsp. ginger chilli paste, 1 tbsp. coriander leaves, 1 tbsp. oil, 1 tsp. fruit salt, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, salt, 2 tbsp. oil, ½ tsp. mustard seeds, ½ tsp. cumin seeds,1 tsp. roasted sesame seeds, 1 sprig curry leaves, 2 tbsp. water, a pinch of hing, chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut for garnishing.
1. Soak the moong beans overnight. Next morning, coarsely grind the moong beans.
2. Meanwhile grease a pan and set it ready.
3. Add the ginger-chilli paste, oil, lemon juice and salt to the moong beans paste.
4. Finally add the fruit salt to the batter and mix well.
5. Keep your steamer ready.
6. Pour the batter into the greased mould and steam for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from the cake tin and set aside.
8. Heat oil and crackle the mustard and cumin seeds. Next, add the hing, curry leaves and sesame seeds.
9. Add 2 tbsp. water to the tempering.
10. Pour the tempering over the dhokla and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and coconut and serve.
So try out this recipe today and surprise with yummy dhoklas!