Moong Dal Halwa
Moong Dal Halwa is a classic dessert recipe famous among Indian mothers. You will surely cherish every bite of this delicacy when served hot. Moong is an excellent source of iron, protein, Vitamin B-6 and magnesium. Ghee is the other prime element that makes this recipe rich in carbohydrates and fat. Moong Dal Halwa is usually made in the winter season that would prove beneficial for your physical development.
Ingredients: 1 cup moong dal, 9-10 spoons of ghee, 4 green cardamoms, 10-12 unsalted pista, 1 Tbsp. golden raisins, 1 cup full fat milk, 2 cups of water, 1.25 regular sugar.
1. The first step is to soak the moong dal overnight for 4-5 hours.
2. Now, drain and grind the moong dal to prepare a smooth paste using ¼ cup of water.
3. Melt the ghee in a non-stick pan. Add ground moong dal and mix well.
4. Keep on stirring the halwa and make sure no lumps are formed.
5. Take another pan and add milk, sugar and water. Keep this pan over the flame and stir till the sugar dissolves.
6. Let the sugar-water solution boil and keep it aside.
7. Now, mix the milk mixture to the friend moong content.
8. The mixture would sizzle so be careful. Stir it well and wait till the liquid gets absorbed.
9. Finally, add cardamom powder along with chopped raisins and pista.
Save the recipe and share it with your friends and family.