Motor Shutir Kochuri
Green peas are a rich source of potassium, dietary fiber, protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium and Vitamin B6. Motor Shutir Kochuri is a Bengali snack item and is very delicious. Here’s how you can prepare this delicious and healthy snack.
Ingredients: 2 ½ cups of maida, 2 ½ tbsp. of ghee, water, salt, 1 cup frozen peas, 1 tbsp besan, 1-2 green chillies chopped, ½ inch ginger chopped, 1 tsp cumin powder, ¼ tsp red chilli powder, 1 green cardamom, 1-2 pinches garam masala, a pinch of hing, 1 ½ tsp oil, sugar.
1. In a bowl, take the maida, salt, ghee and mix well. Add water slowly and knead into a soft dough.
2. Cover the dough with wet cloth and set aside for 30-45 minutes.
3. Take the peas in a grinder jar and blend into a smooth paste.
4. Heat oil in a pan and add all the spice powders and hing.
5. Saute for a few minutes, add the ground peas paste, sugar and salt.
6. Saute for about 3 minutes and add besan to it. Stir continuously for some time.
7. Remove the filling into a plate. Let it cool and then roll out small balls from them. Set aside.
8. Roll out small balls from the dough and roll them out into small rotis of 3 inches diameter.
9. Place the filling in the center and bring all the edges together and seal at the top.
10. Heat oil in a kadhai for deep frying. Slide in the packets you just made.
11. Deep fry till the kachoris are golden and crisp. Scoop out, drain off the excess oil and let it rest for some time.
Serve hot kachoris with a tangy chutney!