Mouthwatering Potato Veggie Cutlet
This one is an excellent tempting dish for your kid, especially if he is one of those kids who make a big fuss to eat vegetables. This cutlet is a also a great source of protein and sodium.
Potatoes boiled and mashed-5- 6 medium, French beans blanched and chopped- 5-6 strands, carrot grated-1/4cup, Green peas blanched and crushed-1/4 cup, Cauliflower-1/4 cup, Oil-2tbs to shallow fry, Cumin seeds 1/2 tbsp, Ginger finely chopped-1tbsp, Onion finely chopped-1 medium, Green chillies finely chopped 1-2 (optional), Red chilli powder 1/4 tbsp (optional), Turmeric powder 1/4 tbsp, Salt to taste, Refined flour (maida) 2 tbsp, Fresh coriander leaves chopped-2 tbsp, Lemon juice-1tbsp, Bread crumbs-1 cup
1. Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, ginger and onion to it, and sauté it for two minutes. Now add green chilies, red chili powder and turmeric powder. Sauté it for another minute.
2. Mix it with French beans, carrot, green peas and slat, while it is being sautéed.
3. After 2 minutes, add cauliflower and refined flour, and sauté for two more minutes. Set the mixture aside.
4. Take mashed potatoes in a deep bowl. Add the vegetable mixture and mix it well. Add coriander leaves and do a salt check. Add lemon juice and mix it.
5. Now, heat sufficient oil in another pan. Take a portion of the mixture, shape it into a ball and roll the ball in breadcrumbs. Press lightly and place the cutlet in the pan. Shallow-fry it till both the sides are evenly golden.
6. Similarly prepare more cutlets. Drain and place them on an absorbent paper and serve hot.
It is tastier when accompanied with tomato ketchup.