Mushroom Butter Masala
Mushrooms are a rich source of potassium, dietary fibre, sodium, Vitamin C, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. If you are looking for a healthy and delicious recipe using mushrooms, this is the recipe that you would want to try out!
Ingredients: 3 large tomatoes, 15-20 cashew nuts, 250 gms mushrooms, 1/3 cup chopped onions, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 3 tbsp butter, a pinch of turmeric powder, ½ tsp Kashmiri chilli powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, 1 cup water, ¼ tsp garam masala powder, ½ tsp kasuri methi, 3 tbsp low fat cream, ½ tsp sugar, ½ inch ginger, 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, ½ tsp cumin seeds, 1 bay leaf, ½ inch cinnamon, 2 green cardamoms, 2 cloves, 2 strands of mace.
1. Blanch the tomatoes and cashews in hot water for some time. Then puree them in a mixer and keep aside.
2. Clean and slice the mushrooms and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and whole spices and sauté till you can smell the aroma.
4. Add the ginger garlic paste to this and sauté till the raw smell of the paste goes off. Add onions and sauté till they are translucent.
5. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook till all the water has evaporated. Add the spices and mix well.
6. Next add the tomato cashew puree and mix well. Add a cup of water and let the gravy simmer for about 7-8 minutes on medium flame.
7. Add salt and sugar and check for taste. Next add the low fat cream, a pinch of garam masala and little bit of kasuri methi.
8. Stir well and remove from flame.
9. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and ginger juliennes.
Serve it with rotis, parathas, naan or rice. Try cooking this recipe at home as a surprise to your child and watch him relish it with delight!