Mushroom Korma is a delicious side dish which can be eaten with rice or rotis. It can easily be prepared at home with minimal effort and in very less time. Besides being delicious, mushroom korma is also quite nutritious as it contains mushrooms which are rich in dietary fibre, potassium, Vitamin C, iron, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: ½ cup grated coconut, 10-12 cashewnuts, 1/3 cup of chopped onions, 1 cup chopped tomatoes, 250 gm of mushrooms sliced and chopped, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 2 tbsp oil, ½ tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp urad dal, 8-10 fenugreek seeds, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 10-12 curry leaves, 1 tbsp chopped coriander, salt and water.
1. Soak the cashews and leave them for sometime. Later grind them in a mixer with the coconut.
2. Heat oil in a pan and crackle the mustard seeds in it. Add the cumin and fenugreek seeds along with urad dal.
3. Saute till the urad dal becomes maroonish in colour. Add chopped onions. Saute till they become translucent.
4. Now add the ginger garlic paste and cook till it loses its raw smell. Add chopped tomatoes and cook till they become pulpy.
5. Add the masala powders into the mixture and mix well. Saute for a couple of minutes.
6. Into this mixture, now add the mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms for 5-6 minutes on low flame.
7. Add the cashewnut and coconut paste. Add water and let it simmer.