Mushrooms are rich reserves of essential nutrients such as potassium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. You can easily prepare mushroom Manchurian at home using this easy recipe. If you love Chinese food, it is sure to be delighted with this dish.
Ingredients: ½ cup maida, 3 tbsp cornflour, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, ½ tsp black pepper powder, 1 tsp soya sauce, 1/3 cup water, salt and sugar, 200-250 gm white button mushroom, 3-4 spring onions finely chopped, 2-3 green chillies, 2 tsp finely chopped ginger, 2 tsp finely chopped garlic, 1 tsp chopped celery, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 medium sized bell pepper chopped, salt.
1. Clean and slice the mushrooms and set aside.
2. Prepare the batter for coating the mushrooms by mixing maida, cornflour, ginger-garlic paste, pepper powder, soya sauce, sugar, salt and water in a bowl.
3. Dip the mushroom in the batter and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add the chopped spring onions and sauté them for a minute.
5. Add the chopped garlic, ginger and chopped celery into the pan and sauté on medium flame for a minute.
6. To the pan add the black pepper, soya sauce and coated mushrooms. Cook well.
7. Add the bell peppers and cook till the vegetables and mushrooms are done.
Serve hot with noodles. So now you do not have to go to a Chinese restaurant to enjoy Mushroom Manchurian. Try it out today!