Mutton Biryani has a marvelous taste. This dish is prepared using classic ingredients that are healthy in nature. The preparation time is decent which makes it a preferred dish among mothers. Mutton is a wonderful source of protein, Vitamin B-12 and potassium. Moreover, rice is also present which add carbohydrates, Vitamin B-6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 ½ kg mutton, 8 green cardamom, 1 tbsp caraway seeds, 8 strand saffron, 1 tbsp mace powder, 1 tbsp garlic paste, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 250 g onion, ghee, 1 kg basmati rice, 1 tbsp turmeric powder, 2 pinches salt, 200g wheat flour, ½ kg potatoes, 400g yogurt, ¼ tbsp nutmeg, ½ tbsp cumin seeds.
1. Mix the spices along with lemon juice, mutton and yogurt. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. Now, next step is to boil the rice and add salt.
3. Take a vessel and add ghee. Add the marinated mutton. Cook it well with a cover on.
4. Place a layer of rice over this content. Now, add mutton over it.
5. Add fried onion to this content. Mix saffron in water and sprinkle it over the rice.
6. Pour the remaining ghee on top of the rice.
7. Increase the flame until the steam comes out.
Serve it with onions and mint leaves.