Bhakri is unleavened bread commonly prepared. It is what you could call a very ‘homely’ dish, with a dense texture and rustic flavor. It is however very important to serve the Nachni Bhakri hot and fresh offs the tava as it will become hard when it cools. It is a very healthy food.
1. Combine the nachni flour and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into semi-soft dough using enough warm water.
2. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
3. Flatten a portion of dough on a dusted plastic sheet to make a 150 mm.
4. Lift the roti with the plastic sheet and invert the roti on a hot non-stick tava (griddle) and apply little water on it and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
5. Turn it over and cook for another 1 minute or till light brown spots appear on the surface.
6. Then turn it over onto an open flame and cook on both sides for a few seconds till it puffs up.
Very healthy food, try today and share with your friends.