Nariyal (Coconut) Laddoo: A Mouthwatering Delicacy For Your Kiddo
Coconut is a complete food, rich in calories, vitamins and minerals. You can feed this health packed fruit as a dessert to your sweetheart.
Grated coconut-1 ½ cups, ghee-1 tsp, cardamom powder- 1/2 tbsp, condensed milk-3/4cup, grated coconut for rolling-1/3cup, desiccated coconut (nariyal ka bura) just for rolling (optional), chopped dry fruits (optional)
1. Heat 1 tsp ghee in a frying pan or kadai and add coconut.
2. Stir and sauté the coconut on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Don’t let it turn brown.
3. Mix the grated coconut with condensed milk (mik mate or mithai mate), and heat the mixture.
4. Add ½ tsp cardamom powder.
5. Stir very well and cook this mixture on a low flame. Keep stirring it regularly, and allow it to get thick.
6. When the mixture begins to leave the sides of the pan, switch off the flame.
7. Pour the ladoo mixture in another bowl, and allow it to cool.
8. When the mixture has cooled completely, make small to medium balls from the mixture and form ladoos.
9. Roll the ladoos in desiccated coconut (nariyal ka bura) or in freshly grated coconut.
Note: Serve coconut ladoos straight away or refrigerate and serve them later. This stays good for 4 to 5 days in the fridge.