Neer Dosa is a popular breakfast dish in Karnataka. Light and fluffy, Neer dosas are a visual and gastronomic delight. Easy and simple to prepare, Neer dosas can quickly be prepared for breakfast. They are also considered to be extremely healthy as they are made from rice flour, which is rich in potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin B6, magnesium, iron and calcium.
Ingredients: A cup of rice, 2 cups of water, salt to taste, oil for cooking.
1. Clean the rice by rinsing in water. Soak in water overnight.
2. Next morning, put the rice in a mixer jar along with a little water and grind into a smooth paste. Adjust the amount of water you need to get the smooth grain free paste.
3. Heat a gridle and grease it with oil.
4. Pour the batter on to it with a ladle and spread in the shape of a dosa.
5. Cover the gridle with a lid and cook till the dosa is done. Do not brown the dosa or flip.
6. Fold the dosa into a triangle on the pan.
Serve with coconut chutney or sambar. So plan out this delicious breakfast dish for your little morning today and surprise him!