Nilgiri Chicken Korma
Nilgiri Chicken Korma is a classic dish which is a blend of numerous flavors. You would be satisfied after tasting a single bite of this food item. The presence of several ingredients makes this recipe nutritious and healthy. Chicken is a wonderful source of protein, Vitamin B-6 and iron. Moreover, coconut milk is also used which offers magnesium, carbohydrates and potassium. This is a main course recipe that can be served either during lunch or dinner.
Ingredients: Chicken 2 lb, oil 2 tsp, bay leaves, 3 cinnamon, 2 cardamom, 1 big onion, 2 tbsp. ginger garlic paste, 1 tbsp. red chili powder, ½ tbsp. cumin powder, 1 cup coconut milk, salt.
To Grind: cashewnut, 1 tsp fennel seed, 1 tsp poppy seed, ½ cup mint leaves, 8 strands coriander leaves, 3 green chilies.
1. Cut the chicken into small pieces. Chop the onions finely along with mint leaves and coriander leaves.
2. Grind the items placed in the ‘Grind’ section in order to form a smooth paste.
3. Take a pan and heat oil. Add cinnamon, bay leaves and cardamom. Quickly add chopped onion and fry it well. To this add ginger garlic paste and fry for at least 5 mins.
4. Next move is to add chicken and turmeric. Fry for 3 min and then add gound paste, cumin powder, red chili powder, salt, coriander powder and water (1 cup).
5. Cook until the chicken gets tender.
6. Add coconut milk and boil for 5-10 minutes.
This is a special recipe which should be shared with family and friends. Try now!